1) You must post the rules. done
2) Post eleven fun facts about yourself on the blog post. not sure I'm fun enough to warrant eleven facts, but I'll try
3) Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you've tagged.
4) Tag eleven people and link them on your post.
5) Let them know you've tagged them.
Here are 11 fun facts about me.
1) I can not stand profanity. If you are in our car, and you curse, I will yell at you.
2) Despite the fact that I have a fear of just about everything under the sun, I have never been scared of flying. It exhilarates me. I love takeoff and landing. To me, that is one of the greatest feelings in the world. Sometimes, when I fly, I will try to book connecting flights just to get to takeoff an extra time.
3) I can't stand mushrooms. They are my biggest fear. I always tell people that I'm allergic to them, but I'm really not.
4) I did not start walking or talking until I was three. I hated baby talk as a baby even more than I do now (I thought it was really insulting to my intelligence) so I just refused to talk until I had built up a big enough vocabulary where I could start straight with complete sentences.
5) I can never remember to take my blood pressure medication, but remember to put on moisturizer two times a day without fail.
6) Growing up, I was blessed with flawless skin. I never got pimples, and if I did, they would go away on their own in less than 30 minutes. I was blessed. My freshman year of college, I got a pimple of the side of my chin during finals week. No big deal, I thought. It didn't go away. By dinner time, it was still there. The next morning, it was still there and had only gotten bigger. All of my friends didn't understand why I was making such a huge deal about one pimple, but I just did not know how to deal with them. I called my mother hysterically crying. Any normal mother would have told me to suck it up and get back to studying. My mother however, works in a hospital and has administrators of just about every single department owing her favors. (More about that in the questions section below.) She told me to take the train down to NYC, and called in a favor from a friend in dermatology. I ended up getting an emergency same-day appointment with the Chief of dermatology. The poor woman was so confused when she looked at her charts and saw that her next appointment was an emergency VIP and then walked in to find me. She asked why I was there and I said (more like hysterically cried, actually) "I have a pimple!" Cue more confusion
7) Living overseas, I really miss commercials.
8) I don't know how to drive.
9) I am the least crafty/creative person I know. The words "oh you can just DIY it" instill fear into me. Coming from me, the words "I made it myself" are never a good thing. My mother's philosophy on life seems to be why do something when you can pay someone to do it for you? and that has definitely rubbed off on me to an extent.
10) I can't iron. I've tried, and somehow, clothes always end up looking worse than they did before I started ironing them. When I lived in New York, I used to send my wrinkled clothes out to the dry cleaners so that they would come back looking all nice (I'm not totally proud of this fact). Once, before a date, I frantically ran to a clothing store near my house and begged the employees to steam out my dress for me. Thankfully, the hot guys working there thought this was funny and did it for me. I always said I was going to learn eventually, then I married a man in the military and thankfully, Uncle Sam considers ironing an important life skill to have. All ironing duties have since been delegated out to him.
11) I hate beer and I keep kosher (style). I totally live in the right country for that one.
Now to answer Wendy's questions:
1) What was your favorite first date?
Pub trivia with a huge crush of mine. Going into the date, I knew we were different enough that there wouldn't be a second date (there wasn't), but I was 1) shocked that he even knew I existed and I love trivia so it was fun to just relax and drink beers and talk without the awkward first date 20 questions routine.
2) If you could have dinner with any famous/historical figure (past or present) who would it be?
Masaharu Morimoto. I would love for him to cook for me and teach me some skills!3) What is your favorite book and why?
The 101 Most Influential People who Never Lived. I am a chronic list-maker and I love things that are in list format, so this appealed to me. I love the authors' funny sarcastic writing style, and overall, I think it's a great book.
4) What kind of car do you drive?
A black VW Golf (us and every other person living in Germany) named Valerie Volkswagen. Val, for short.
5) What was your first job?
I worked at the systems support center at a hospital in NY. I only got this job because the administrator of the department owed my mother several favors and she decided to cash in on one of them. Along with the glorious job of filing and photocopying, my duty was to change the system-wide password every month. This was the system that every single department in the hospital used to bill their patients. Being 15 years old, I had fun with is. It was always amusing whenever people would call my boss to confirm and she would say that yes, that month's password is "I<3L@nceB@ss". Not bad for $10/hour.
6) What was your major in college?
International Business and Marketing
7) Do you have a favorite style icon, if so, who is it?
8) What cosmetic can you not live without?
Perfekt Skin Perfection Gel- it's so light and makes your skin instantly look smoother and airbrushed without globbing on a whole lot of makeup
9) Who is your favorite designer?
Lilly Pulitzer and Diane von Furstenberg
10) Coke or Pepsi
Coke all the way. One of my big restaurant pet peeves is when I order Coke and the waiter brings out Pepsi.
11) How have you cultivated followers for your blog?
I honestly have no clue. I remember the day my blog hit 5 followers, and I didn't actually know one of them, it was like the greatest thing ever. I think that being on other bloggers' blogrolls helps.
Now to ask Eleven questions:
1) What one item of clothing do you have that you absolutely refuse to throw out?
2) What was the greatest gift that anyone ever gave you?
3) Who was your first celebrity crush?
4) What was your worst date ever?
5) What is your one food guilty pleasure?
6) Do you drink? What is your alcoholic drink of choice?
7) What was your favorite vacation?
8) What is one thing that people like that you just don't get the appeal of?
9) What is your favorite tv show?
10) Do you sleep with a stuffed animal?
11) Are there any foods that you won't eat?
Now to tag eleven people:
1) Gracie Beth
2) Little Miss Can't be Wrong
3) Queen of LA
4) Nautical by Nature
5) Beach Bum and Baby
6) Newly Mrs. Cravinho
8) Mrs. Jones
10) Pink and Navy Oxford Stripes