Things that have been annoying me lately:
1) People who did not hang out with me back in New York suddenly wanting to "come visit" me now that I live in Europe. I love having and hosting guests and want nothing more than to have my friends come visit me so that I can show them around. But if you have not seen me in person since 2003, do not message me on facebook saying you want to see me again and want to come visit me in Germany. Get a hotel.
2) Speaking of facebook, it drives me absolutely batty when people who know I don't live in New York or the United States any more invite me to events. I'm not talking about weddings and bridal/baby showers and significant events in my friends' lives. I'm talking about the Tuesday night happy hours with great drink specials. Oh yes, I'll be on the next flight over to JFK. I have replied "I don't live in the United States any more" to events so many times that I can now type it blindfolded.
3) People inviting themselves to my wedding. TLS and I have both heard "I hope I/we're invited to the wedding" from acquaintances. If you feel the need to invite yourself to my wedding, then it's probably because you weren't going to get invited in the first place.
4) My hair. I was going to get my hair cut right before I moved to Germany. One thing happened after another and the haircut never happened. At first I did not get my hair cut here because I did not know where to go, then when I was recommended a place by a friend, TLS and I drove there only to discover that it was closed on Saturdays after 2 (and everything in Germany is closed on Sundays). Now, my hair is getting bad. My split ends have split ends. Yes, I realize this is no one's fault but my own, and yes, I could have called before we drove over there, but I'm just very annoyed with my hair now. Suffice it to say that I have been wearing a lot of messy buns this past week or so.
5) The Air Force birthday ball is in a month and I still have nothing to wear. Seriously.
6) My first week in Germany, I ordered a bunch of body scrubs from a company that I was told shipped them on July 14th via Priority Mail. I had a hunch they never were shipped. When a month and a half had gone by and I still had not received them, I emailed the company and the woman in charge said she was going to resend me the package. That was 3 weeks ago. I still have not received proof of shipment, and am starting to doubt if I ever will. I am ready to contest the charges with my credit card company.