I hate Valentine's Day with a passion. I always tell people that it is a childhood trauma for me. Obviously, there is a bit of a back story here.
When I was little, I went to a really tiny New York City private elementary school. Since no grade had more than 20 kids in it, there was a school policy that if you were having a party, you needed to invite at least half of your grade (either all of the boys or all of the girls), but you were "strongly urged" to invite the whole grade. When I was in 3rd grade, this really horrible awful girl who was always tormenting me in elementary school had a birthday party. Since her birthday is in late February, she decided to put the invitations inside of Valentine's and hand them out in class. She invited the entire grade except for me!!!! So come February 14th, everyone has a Valentine and an invitation, and I have bubkes. That started my hatred of Valentine's Day. In college, it sucked majorly because all of my roommates were getting flowers, candy, the whole Nine Yards from their boyfriends, and I got a call from my mom telling me how much she loved me.
In the spirit of wanting to make this holiday a little nicer, I am hosting a Valentine's Day giveaway. This giveaway is open to my single readers only. The lucky reader will receive a lovely Valentine's Day gift- A bouquet of flowers to be delivered in time for Valentine's Day and a $50 gift certificate to her shop courtesy of Caroline Grace. Caroline makes beautiful pieces that I am always drooling over. I am beyond obsessed with the Jeannie Necklace which in my opinion would be perfect to wear with a fancy dress
and the silver and Keshi Pearl Edelweiss lariat which, at just $48, can be yours if you win this giveaway. (I swear that one of these days, it will be mine.)
And now for the fine print:
1) Comment on this post for one entry.
2) Follow my blog for an additional entry.
3) Write a post about this or put it on your sidebar for a third entry.
4) Follow me (@whaleflipflops) and Caroline (@xoCarolineGrace) and tweet this giveaway at us for a fourth entry. (You must follow both of us to get the entry.)
5) Because I am doing this giveaway as a way of brightening a reader's day, if I get any fake entries (spambots, entries from women who I know are not single, etc.), those comments will be deleted and their entries will not be counted.
6) This giveaway will run until Friday, February 5th, at midnight EST, with the winner announced on the 7th or 8th.