Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Clothing Freecycle

Hey ladies! So glad to see that there are people interested in doing a clothing freecycle. I have decided to host a weekly freecycle. Here are the guidelines.

1) Go through your closet and figure out what you are willing to freecycle.
2) Take pictures of it, if possible, and if there are any imperfections (a tear, a missing button that be easily repaired, etc.) take a picture of those as well.
3) Send me an email to whaleflipflops {@} gmail {.} com by every Wednesday night at at midnight with the pictures, your blog name, contact email, and a description of the item. Indicate the condition of the item, size, brand, etc. If the item is a size 8 but fits more like a 6 or a 10, for example, indicate that as well. Say if you are willing to ship for free or if you would like someone to pay you for the shipping. This is not ebay and you are not allowed to ask people to pay you for the actual items, only for shipping costs.
4) Every Thurday, I will do a freecycle compiling all of the items that bloggers are willing to part with. I will post all of the pictures, descriptions, and contact info. When you see something that tickles your fancy, contact the blogger parting with the item and let her know. Once your item has been claimed, please either contact on the original freecycle post, or shoot me an email letting me know and I will edit the post to remove it.
5) We all have stuff we want to get rid of, but for now, let's keep this freecycle fashion-related (clothes, shoes, jewelry, purses, etc.). If you have children who have outgrown their clothes, this may be a fantastic way to pass them along to other bloggers who are expecting or have little ones of their own!

Since it is already Wednesday, I am giving everyone until tomorrow at midnight to contact me if they have any items to freecycle. I will do the first ever freecycle post on Friday. Happy swapping!


  1. I think this is a fabulous idea...I hope to participate!

  2. What a great idea! I know I've got some things I hate to throw away but would love to find a new home for. Thanks for organizing!!

  3. i love this idea! too bad i just got rid of alot of things ... i'll have to check the closet again!

  4. What a fantastic idea! I'm sure I'll have a ton of stuff once I can get into my closet at home.

  5. I am clearly an anomaly - I wear 95% of everything I own regularly. And the other 5% I'm too sentimental to part with. :)

  6. I will definitely try to do this. I was a little too busy this week but I will start going through my closet when I get back from Vegas